Alliance of Intellectual Property Owners (AIPO)'s
Alliance of Intellectual Property Owners (AIPO) and/or its wholly owned subsidiaries (“we” or “us” or “our” or “the Company and/or its subsidiaries”) is the operator of https://www.ipowner.org/ (the “Website”) and we are committed to safeguarding your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
We value the trust of our users and the public. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein and/or as otherwise provided for in law.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Definition of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information to personally identify you when you visit our website. This is to ensure a smoother and more efficient user experience. We may also collect information that personally identifies you if you choose to submit your personal information for the various purposes made available on our website. This information may include but not limited to data relating to your contact information such as your name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es) and other contact information, profession, date of birth, country of residence and gender. We will then serve you with a personal data protection notice (“Notice”) to confirm your consent and notify you on our processing of your personal information. The processing of your personal information will be done in accordance with all applicable laws. We may collect personal information from you in one or more of the following methods:
- Use of our website
- The filling in of forms, surveys, competitions etc.
- By responding to any marketing materials we send out
- By application and/or registration with any of our subsidiaries
- By providing feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
- By submitting application form and/or presentation to us (via our websites or in hard copy)
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
We may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilised for one or more of the following purposes:
- To properly identify you
- To assess your application(s) / request(s) for our services and/or products
- To keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- To establish and better manage any relationship we may have with you
- To process any communications, you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- To improve our services and products and to develop new services and products
- To produce data, reports and statistics which may be used by the Company for commercial purposes
- To investigate, respond to a defend claims made against, or involving the Company and/or its subsidiaries
- To conduct marketing activities
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Incomplete provision of Personal Information
Where indicated (for example in application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
Disclosure of Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our services and/or products and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Law enforcement and government agencies
- The Company and/or its subsidiaries, business partners, clients and relevant business parties
- Companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- Companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent subjected at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Company and/or its subsidiaries.
- Any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, training, distribution, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to the Company And/or its subsidiaries
- Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such information confidential.
We do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal information if required by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes.
Right to Access and Correct Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that the Company and/or its subsidiaries may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event, we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, destruction or alteration of your personal data.
While we shall store all the personal data you provide on secure servers to protect your personal data, you understand that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using our services on a shared or unsecured device.
Third-Party Links and Direct and Indirect Marketing
In an attempt to provide increased value to our users, the Company and/or its subsidiaries may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third-party services and/or products, which may or may not be of interest to or benefit you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Company and its subsidiaries.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
Retention of Personal Data
All personal data in our possession will be retained as long as necessary, required to satisfy legal regulatory and accounting requirements, as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected or to protect our interests.
We will exercise measures to cease to retain, anonymise your personal data or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the retention of personal data (i) is no longer required for the purposes for which the personal data is being collected; or (ii) it is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Website, as the case may be.
We shall not be liable for any disclosure of personal data due to any reason whatsoever including but not limited to all attempted or actual acts of terrorist, acts of God or any circumstances beyond our control and/or in the absence of any gross negligence or wilful misconduct on our part.
Notification of Changes
Please check our website https://www.ipowner.org/ on an ongoing basis for information on our most up to-date practices
(a) by way of email at email@example.com;
(b) by way of post at:
Alliance of Intellectual Property Owners (AIPO)
501, 5th Floor, Block A,
Pusat Perdagangan Phileo Damansara 1,
Off Jalan Damansara,
46350 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia; and/or
(c) by way of telephone call at +6016 285 5770
H/P: (6016) 285 5770